by Geraldine Somerset
I began my journey in the School of Practical Philosophy in 1992 and followed the path through to meditation.
I find peace in the stillness of meditating. Its difficult to express in words and not every meditation is the same. Sometimes meditation is a struggle to control the mind, while at other times it feels effortless.
Meditation is a universal ‘tool’ not for self gain, is instrumental in the subtle changes that come about with regular meditation (twice a day) and time.
Meditation carries different meanings in different contexts. Meditation has been practiced since antiquity as a component of numerous religious traditions and beliefs. It often involves an internal effort to self-regulate the mind in some way.
Deepak Chopra is one of the leading mind-body spirit Gurus. He seeks to teach the benefits of incorporating meditation and a healthy lifestyle for increasing inner happiness.
Here is his list of 25 Good Reasons to Meditate
1. To become more intuitive
2. To become more non-judgemental
3. To create world peace
4. To eliminate fatigue
5. To enhance your daily living
6. To experience higher states of consciousness
7. To experience unconditional love
8. To fulfill all your desires
9. To get in touch with your true self
10. To give up bad habbits
11. To have better relationships
12. To have more energy
13. To make the right choices
14. To improve concentration
15. To improve eating habits
16. To increase sensory perception
17. To increase creativity
18. To lighten up and be carefree
19. To reconnect you to Spirit
20. To reduce stress
21. To release toxins from our physiology
22. To restore the memory of wholeness in your life
23. To reverse the effects of ageing
24. To sleep better
25. To unfold the silence in your life